Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sacraficing for those who sacraficed

There are those who sacrafice for there country and then there are those that sacrafice for those who serve. I am one who sacrafices every day for those who gave themselves to our country in the form of millitary service. This is my story. I volunteer at the local VA hospital. I start my day by makeing a one and a half mime walk to the hospital. Primarly three fourths of the way is up hill. What makes matters worse, is my health. Because of my bad lungs, I am caughing most of the thirty minate trip due to the smog released by cars passing by. Then there is my bad knees and an occational flair up from an old ankle injury. When I arrive at the hospital, I typicly get one or two employees and or fellow volunteers who tell me "i saw you walking". I have to think to myself "then why didnt you stop." Once at work I typicly walk another two to three miles inside the hospital. ahhh then the trek home. At least thats not so bad. Then again after walking to get there then walking four hours, the walk home can also take its toll on my body. By the time I get home I litterly can't walk any further. The VA has transportaiton programs for both vets and employees. However, volunteers are not eligable to take advantage of them. I always help others yet no one is there to help me when I need it. I sacrafice my health so I can help the veterans. And I do it on my own with no help from others. I am not looking for sympathy, just to share my story with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment