Friday, May 31, 2013

Long ride short distance

Yesterday I had the unfortunant pleasure of takeing Omni Access our local Dial A Ride here. I had to go about 35 miles inside the county. Normaly by driving it would. only take half an hour. By normal bus it would take an hour to an hour and a half. By Omni Access it took over two hours. After I got on we picked up a bunch of other people and dropping them off at individual  residences witch was out of the way where I was going. That made me late for what I had to do. The place ended up being closed. I got there with ten minates to spare for my ride to my next destination. Who ever does the routing for Omni Trans are idiots who need to learn to ride their own system. That would certainly get them to see what the passangers go through. Even for "shared" rides to go longer distance then normal local around town it souldnt take two hours. Longer distance passangers sould have seperate rides from people going in same town local. These transit agencies have never realy seemed to care about what the passangers go through. This includes not having the oppertunity to use the restroom anytime within the longer distances that take two hours or more. When nature calls it doesn't matter where you are. It is not a right or privlage but a neccessity. A denile of a neccessity is a denile of basic human rights. The mear fact these transit companies know they are the only game in town or in county keeps them doing the things they do. It seems passangers don't have rights or recourse. If you had to depend on them to get you to work, you would probably lose your job. I may lose certain benifits thanks to Dial Aride getting me to my destination appens I will not be very fter the place closed. If that happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment